Mr. Johnny Johnson
Director, FCSA (California Office)
Professor Emeritus & Former Director of International Programs
Monterey Peninsula College [expand title=”View More”]
M.S. Higher Education, The University of Kentucky
- Professor Emeritus and Director of International Programs, Monterey Peninsula College (1994-2006).
- Counselor, AP Coordinator, U.S. History and World History Teacher, Model UN Coordinator, International School of Aruba (1993-94).
- Teacher and Sociology Instructor, International School of Kuala Lumpur and Inti College, Malaysia (1992-1993).
- Resident Director, American Degree Program, Damansara College, Malaysia (1991-92).
- Director of Student Services, Indiana University / MARA Institute of Technology Cooperative Program, Malaysia (1989-1991).
- Director of Foreign Student Services, Ohio Wesleyan University (1984-89).
- Director of Student Services, College of Allied Health Professions, University of Kentucky Medical Center (1979-84).
- Director of Graduate Admissions, University of Kentucky (1973-1979).
- AACRAO: American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers: Board of Directors; Vice President for International Education; World Education Series Committee; Graduate and Professional Student Admissions Committee.
- NAFSA Association of International Educators: Board of Directors (three terms); Executive Committee; Vice President for Regional Affairs; Chair, Commission on Information Services (COMINFO); Chair, Admissions Section (ADSEC); Chair, Region VI (Ohio, Indiana, Kentucky); Chair, Region VI Section on U.S. Study Abroad (SECUSSA).
- CCCCO: California Community Colleges Chancellor’s Office working group on international and global education.
- CCIE: California Colleges for International Education: Board of Directors, Vice President.
- IIE Open Doors Advisory Committee.
- National Council on the Evaluation of Foreign Educational Credentials.
- National Liaison Committee of AACRAO, CGS, College Board, IIE and NAFSA.
- TOEFL Technology Committee.
- TOEFL Community Colleges Constituency Committee.
- TOEFL Grants and Awards Committee.
- INS Joint Application Development (JAD) for CIPRIS system (precursor of SEVIS).
- National Symposium on Foreign Educational Systems: Future Directions in Research and Information Management (Chair of Work Group I: Goals and Priorities for Research).
- Milwaukee Symposium: Refining a Methodology for Comparing Foreign and U.S. Credentials.
- Wingspread Colloquium on Re-Entry / Transition.
- Authored and edited more than 20 articles and books on foreign educational systems, international recruitment, admissions, enrollment management, institutional mission statements and student affairs.
- U.S. Government: Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS); Office of International Training, U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID); U.S. Information Agency (USIA).
- NAFSA Association of International Educators: Consultant on international admissions and foreign student and scholar services to several U.S. colleges and universities.
- Private Consultant to several U.S.-patterned community colleges in Malaysia.
- Made more than 100 professional presentations at state, regional, national and international conferences, including AACRAO, NAFSA, European Association of International Educators (EAIE), and Association of University Administrators (AUA).
- AACRAO 2011 “Award for Excellence in International Education”